Trained and dedicated service professionals
We are here to serve
Who We Serve
Victim Services of Waterloo Region is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist victims of crime and tragic circumstance in our Region. Our staff and volunteers are also available to assist members of the community, local businesses, agencies and services in accessing information and assistance on a variety of topics, including:
- Break & Enter
- Criminal Harassment (Stalking)
- Domestic Violence
- Family Crisis
- Grief and Bereavement
- Hate crime
- Human Trafficking
- Missing Persons
- Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Sexual Assault
- Sudden Death
- Workplace Violence
Available around the clock to provide immediate crisis intervention, we are also available to provide practical and emotional assistance by telephone. We can also arrange to assist agencies, businesses and institutions in the development of victimization-related and preventative policies and procedures, and are available to speak to individuals and groups on victimization, safety planning and other important issues.
Please note that there are situations that are beyond the services we are mandated to perform, are too dangerous to the volunteers or will not help victims to benefit. Examples of these are:
- Violent situations, where the combatants have not been separated through arrest, detention or removal to a different residence or shelter.
- Victims who are utilising other services that provide crisis assistance.
- Psychotic, schizophrenic or other actively mentally ill people in crisis will be referred to the appropriate services.
- People who are intoxicated/on drugs and are unlikely to benefit from and will not receive immediate assistance, but may receive follow-up at any date.
- Child victims of physical or sexual assault who are not under their parent’s care and control fall under the mandate of Family and Children’s Services.