want to get involved?
Help grow our volunteer team.
Volunteer with Victim Services
How to Volunteer
Victim Services of Waterloo Region is fortunate enough to have a fabulous compliment of dedicated volunteers who give their time freely. Without the help of our volunteers, the agency would be unable to provide quality services to the victims of crime and trauma in our Region. While our volunteers are top notch, we are always looking for additional volunteers to enhance our team! There are three types of volunteers: On Call, Team Leader and Board Member.
On Call Volunteer
- Must be willing to commit to one year of service.
- Must be willing to commit to a minimum of four shifts per month.
- Must be willing to attend regular Volunteer meetings.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence, liability insurance and reliable transportation.
- Must successfully complete an interview, reference and criminal records check, online learning modules, as well as the 60hour volunteer training program.
- Must be nineteen years of age or older.
- Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be able and willing to work as a team member.
- Must have problem solving skills.
- The ability to speak an additional language is a definite asset.
- Must have been a On Call Volunteer for a period of one or more, years and be eligible to continue as such (see On Call Volunteer Qualifications).
- Must be willing to commit to a year of service.
- Must be willing to commit to four shifts per month.
- Must be able to attend regular Team Leader meetings.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and reliable transportation.
- Must successfully complete the Team Leader Training Orientation Program.
For more information on how to apply please contact us.