Our response is caring, skilled and effective
Victim Services of
Providing financial assistance to victims of violent crimes
Victim Quick Response Program+
The Victim Quick Response Program + (VQRP +) has been established by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) to provide timely assistance to victims of violent crimes. VQRP + aims to support direct victims, witnesses, and immediate family members of victims by providing financial assistance with essential expenses in order to:
- Lessen the impact of crime
- Enhance safety
- Meet practical needs
Funding is available for:
- Short-term immediate counselling services.
- Emergency home safety expenses to secure premises for the immediate safety of victims.
- Emergency accommodations and meals where there are no secure housing options available.
- Crime scene cleanup.
- Emergency transportation to access safe accommodation, for immediate medical needs, or for a family member to identify the victim of a homicide.
- Supports required for serious injuries.
- Basic funeral expenses and other financial support for families of homicide victims.
Who is eligible?
Program funding is available to:
- A direct victim, witness, or family member of a violent crime.
- The crime must have occurred in Ontario (or in part in Ontario for direct victims of human trafficking).
- This recipient must live in the province of Ontario.
- Meet all other requirements set out by the MCCSS.
- Must meet definition of last resort, meaning the victim lacks the financial means and there are no publicly funded services available.
All eligible expenses are paid by Victim Services of Waterloo Region directly to service providers. For all program inquiries, please contact Victim Services of Waterloo Region or follow the link: https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/ovss/vqrp.php