want to get involved?
Victim Services of
Helping to sustain our services
Board of Directors
Legally and morally responsible for all activities of the agency, our Board of Directors determine policy, approve the budget, and determine program goals to ensure a sustainable future for VSWR. Our Board represent the interest of the people of Waterloo Region and ensure VSWR has the appropriate resources to advance its mission.
Current Board Members:
Chair – Jay MacSween
Vice Chair – Julia Manuel
Treasurer – Michelle Massel
Director – Gay Slinger
Director – Lance Brunkard
Director – Maegan East
Director – Monica Shamsoun
Director – Tanya Ball
Director – Val Rousso
Director – Aaron Mathias
Director – Dave Molyneux
Director – Kristin Mead
Members are elected and serve for a one-time renewable two-year term. For more information, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail:
Chair, Board of Directors
Victim Services of Waterloo Region
P.O. Box 3070, 200 Maple Grove Rd.
*Resumes are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Must be organized and prepared before attending meetings.
- Must be committed to actively participating in the affairs of the organization, willing to serve on Board committees, attend monthly meetings and Annual General Meetings.
- Must have knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance; policy; finance; programs; personnel and advocacy.
- Must have a good working knowledge of parliamentary procedure and victims issues. Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be willing to commit to a term of two years.
- Must be willing to take on and support Board initiatives and tasks.
- Must successfully complete an interview, reference and criminal records check.
- Must be nineteen years of age or older.